CBD also known as Cannabidiol has been shown to have a plethora of amazing health benefits. CBD is the non-psychoactive, non-intoxicating component of the cannabis/hemp plant. The oil is extracted from the plant and has been used successfully for medicinal purposes.
The cannabis/hemp plant is known as one of the first plants to have been used as a medicine, It is one of the oldest medicinal plants known in the pharmacopia of medicine right here in the USA. Cannabis was found in most if not all pharmaceutical companies and marketed worlwide.
To date, CBD oil has been used successfully for inflammation, pain, seizures, multiple sclerosis nausea & vomiting and insomnia. CBD directly and indirectly positively influences our endocannabinoid system through its analgesic and antiinflammatory properties.
Dr. Raphael Mechoulam, known as the grandfather of cannabis research, is a well reknown scientist, who has done extensive research on our endocannabinoid system and was able to isolate both CBD & THC as cannabinoid compounds in the mid 1960's. Dr. Mechoulam has contributed to numerous studies describing the extensive antiinflammatory and analgesic benefits of cannabis.
Cannabidiol, CBD is recommended for a variety of reasons. However, women have a unique relationship with CBD and can benefit tremendously from this incredible medicinal plant .
Women may want to consume CBD Oil more consistently because CBD may help prevent some of the conditions below and improve overall well being. See below for some of my top 5 reasons for including this supplement as an integral component to women's health routine.
1. Alzheimer Disease - Alzheimer’s is more prevalent in women than in men. At the age of 65, women have a 1 in 6 chance of developing Alzheimer’s, compared to a 1 in 11 chance for men.
Additionally, out of the 5 million people living with Alzheimer’s in the U.S., 3.2 million are women.
Research has found that women in their 60s are twice as likely to develop Alzheimer’s than to developing breast cancer.
2. Multiple Sclerosis - According to the National MS Society, women are at least two to three times more likely to develop the disease. Several studies report cannabis as being an effective treatment for spasticity and improved cognitive function. While the cause of MS is still unknown, scientists believe several different factors may be involved including immune related factors and some types of infectious disease. By keeping the immune system healthy with CBD supplements we can help support and perhaps diminish inflammation of the central nervous system.
3. Postpartum depression - Particularly for women of color since PPD is 60% higher amongst African American women. Hemp/CBD oil works on serotonin, the neurotransmitter associated with depressed moods. CBD Oil helps our brain naturally utilize serotonin better. Low levels of serotonin have been associated with depression. Serotonin helps us relax and remain calm.
4. Breast Cancer - British researchers have shown that CBD potentiates THC’s anti-inflammatory properties. In addition, scientists at the California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco, determined that a combination of CBD and THC has a more potent anti-tumoral effect than either compound alone when tested on brain cancer and breast cancer cell lines.
5. Osteoporosis - CBD may lower our risk for osteoporosis. Cannabis, specifically the cannabinoids cannabigerol (CBG), cannabidiol (CBD), (CBC) and THCV, stimulate bone growth and may be able to prevent osteoperosis after menopause.
Overall mental/emotional wellbeing -The biggest thing I hear from my clients & former patients friends, family particularly women using a regular regimen of CBD oils is a general sense of happiness. I have personally felt an overall sense of well being and I've been told, by many of my clients regarding a gradual increase of energy and or feeling a burst of renewed or revived energy .
I am hoping this anectdotal and statistical CBD information will not only convince you but also help support your knowledge and decision to begin your journey to healing.
Your journey to healing can begin with as little as one drop!!
For more information, please visit